San Pedro De Atacama to Chañaral
San Pedro De Atacama
Route from San Pedro De Atacama to Chañaral
When do you want to travel to Chañaral?
Information about the city San Pedro De Atacama
San Pedro de Atacama is a Chilean town and commune in El Loa Province, Antofagasta Region. It is located east of Antofagasta, some 106 km (60 mi) southeast of Calama and the Chuquicamata copper mine, overlooking the Licancabur volcano. It features a significant archeological museum, the R. P. Gustavo Le Paige Archaeological Museum, with a large collection of relics and artifacts from the region. Native ruins nearby now attract increasing numbers of tourists interested in learning about pre-Columbian cultures.
Source: San Pedro de Atacama / Wikipedia
Information about the city Chañaral
Chañaral is a small coastal city and commune in the Atacama Region, Chile and capital of the Chañaral Province. A colourful town largely unknown by tourists, who generally head straight for towns such as San Pedro de Atacama. Chañaral is considered unspoiled, with the benefit of having absolutely no high rise buildings. On the arid hills nearby is a lighthouse which casts a beam over the town during the night. Throughout the day and night, there is a lively, bustling atmosphere on the narrow streets. Despite it being coastal, Chañaral is not a typical seaside resort, partly because the ocean is contaminated by copper mining industry. Situated a short distance to the north is the Pan de Azúcar National Park.
Images of San Pedro De Atacama
Vídeo de San Pedro De Atacama
Images of Chañaral
Vídeo de Chañaral
- San Pedro de Atacama - 2 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3ASan_Pedro_de_Atacama%2C_salar.JPG
- San Pedro de Atacama - 1 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3ASan_Pedro_de_Atacama%2C_Chile_(11212666283).jpg
- San Pedro de Atacama - 3 - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AAtardecer_en_San_Pedro_de_Atacama.JPG
- Chañaral - 2 - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Faro_Monumental_Cha%C3%B1aral.JPG
- Chañaral - 1 - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/2005.11.08_053_Plaza_Cha%C3%B1aral_Chile.jpg/1024px-2005.11.08_053_Plaza_Cha%C3%B1aral_Chile.jpg